ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) -- The Minnesota and Wisconsin departments of transportation have chosen the architectural and engineering firm HDR to lead the design effort for the St. Croix Crossing Bridge.
The agencies said Tuesday the $14.2 million contract will develop the bridge design selected by a community stakeholder group. The bridge design will keep tower heights below river bluffs and reduce the number of piers in the river.
The four-lane bridge will span the St. Croix River between Oak Park Heights, Minnesota, and St. Joseph, Wisconsin.
The bridge will cost an estimated $280 million to $310 million. The bridge is part of the larger St. Croix Crossing project, which includes expressways on either side of the bridge in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
The project's total cost is estimated between $580 million and $676 million.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East