ELLSWORTH, WI (AP) - A Minnesota teen is facing an attempted homicide charge after he was accused of trying to cause a miscarriage of his unborn child.
A criminal complaint filed in Pierce County says 18-year-old Jessy Holtzkamp, of St. Paul, Minn., punched the mother of his child in the stomach several times at a Prescott motel last week. The 27-year-old woman was taken by ambulance to a hospital and did not miscarry the baby.
The complaint says Holtzkamp told an officer he was too young to be a father and didn't want the fetus to be born alive. Holtzkamp is charged with attempted first-degree homicide of an unborn child, aggravated battery of an unborn child and battery. The St. Paul Pioneer Press says he has a bail hearing on Friday.
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Luger plans to stay involved in counter-extremism efforts
- Another baby turned over under Iowa safe haven law
- I-94 eastbound near Eau Claire closed late Thursday due to crash
- Bond reduced in university student death case