ELLSWORTH, WI (AP) - A Minnesota teen is facing an attempted homicide charge after he was accused of trying to cause a miscarriage of his unborn child.
A criminal complaint filed in Pierce County says 18-year-old Jessy Holtzkamp, of St. Paul, Minn., punched the mother of his child in the stomach several times at a Prescott motel last week. The 27-year-old woman was taken by ambulance to a hospital and did not miscarry the baby.
The complaint says Holtzkamp told an officer he was too young to be a father and didn't want the fetus to be born alive. Holtzkamp is charged with attempted first-degree homicide of an unborn child, aggravated battery of an unborn child and battery. The St. Paul Pioneer Press says he has a bail hearing on Friday.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion