FALCON HEIGHTS, Minn. (AP) - Fans of food on a stick and all things deep fried have some new reasons to look forward to the Minnesota State Fair.
New items set to debut during the fair include savory options like bacon-wrapped grilled shrimp-on-a-stick, pork belly sliders and some new kinds of corn dogs.
New sweets to try include candied bacon cannoli and grilled glazed doughnuts.
The new deep-fried options will include deep fried pickles with chocolate dipping sauce.
And for the foodies into weird science, there will be caramel corn flash frozen by dipping it into liquid nitrogen.
Altogether 47 new foods will debut this year, joining a list of over 450 different treats sold at the 300 concession locations on the Fairgrounds.
The Great Minnesota Get-Together runs Aug. 22-Sept. 2.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners