ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Gov. Mark Dayton is signing a bill to rename 11 miles of State Highway 23 after slain Cold Spring police officer Tom Decker.
Dayton is scheduled to put his pen to the bill in a Tuesday afternoon ceremony. His office says members of the Decker family and local elected officials will participate in the ceremony.
The Legislature passed the bill unanimously last week. Decker was shot and killed on a call in downtown Cold Spring last November.
The bill renames Highway 23 for Decker between Cold Spring and Richmond. Signs will mark that stretch of road as "Tom Decker Memorial Highway."
- Mayo Clinic Health System making switch to Epic medical record software
- La Crosse's Losey Boulevard speed limit reduced to 25
- Koenig, Thomas find NBA homes
- Officials: Poisonous hemlock spreading in parts of Minnesota
- Walker to promote Wisconsin cheese in statewide tour
- Repeat drug offender in La Crosse held on $50,000 cash bond
- Lawsuits complain that 2x4s, other boards don't measure up
- Former tent city residents find housing
- Onalaska's Glynn takes home prestigious award
- 1 dead after shooting at Minnetonka storage facility