ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Gov. Mark Dayton is signing a bill to rename 11 miles of State Highway 23 after slain Cold Spring police officer Tom Decker.
Dayton is scheduled to put his pen to the bill in a Tuesday afternoon ceremony. His office says members of the Decker family and local elected officials will participate in the ceremony.
The Legislature passed the bill unanimously last week. Decker was shot and killed on a call in downtown Cold Spring last November.
The bill renames Highway 23 for Decker between Cold Spring and Richmond. Signs will mark that stretch of road as "Tom Decker Memorial Highway."
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.