ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Gov. Mark Dayton is signing a bill to rename 11 miles of State Highway 23 after slain Cold Spring police officer Tom Decker.
Dayton is scheduled to put his pen to the bill in a Tuesday afternoon ceremony. His office says members of the Decker family and local elected officials will participate in the ceremony.
The Legislature passed the bill unanimously last week. Decker was shot and killed on a call in downtown Cold Spring last November.
The bill renames Highway 23 for Decker between Cold Spring and Richmond. Signs will mark that stretch of road as "Tom Decker Memorial Highway."
- Man wanted for retail theft leads area authorities on high speed chase
- Local fire departments work to hire, retain firefighters
- La Crosse man arrested for armed robbery, police looking for another
- Neighborhood revitalization projects in full swing this year
- Poll finds no consensus on Wisconsin roads funding
- Drug and alcohol prevention program expanding to local schools
- Onalaska hires new City Administrator
- Wisconsin fugitive convicted of kidnapping Michigan student
- Police: 2 critically hurt in Wisconsin shooting
- Majority of Wisconsin voters want to keep health care law