HOPKINS, Minn. (AP) - The matriarch of a Minnesota musical family is going out in style.
Jeanne Arland Peterson will celebrate her retirement with a Peterson Family New Year's concert Dec. 29 at the Hopkins Center for the Arts.
The family consists of Peterson, her five children Linda, Billy, Patty, Ricky and Paul as well as member of the third generation.
The concert is billed as Jeanne Arland Peterson's last performance with all three generations of the Peterson Family before she retires.
Peterson got her start in high school as staff vocalist and pianist with WCCO Radio, and was on WCCO Radio and TV for more than 20 years. She won the Arts Midwest Jazz Masters' Award in 1998 and is a member of the Minnesota Music Hall of Fame.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore