HOPKINS, Minn. (AP) - The matriarch of a Minnesota musical family is going out in style.
Jeanne Arland Peterson will celebrate her retirement with a Peterson Family New Year's concert Dec. 29 at the Hopkins Center for the Arts.
The family consists of Peterson, her five children Linda, Billy, Patty, Ricky and Paul as well as member of the third generation.
The concert is billed as Jeanne Arland Peterson's last performance with all three generations of the Peterson Family before she retires.
Peterson got her start in high school as staff vocalist and pianist with WCCO Radio, and was on WCCO Radio and TV for more than 20 years. She won the Arts Midwest Jazz Masters' Award in 1998 and is a member of the Minnesota Music Hall of Fame.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure