ONAMIA, Minn. (AP) - The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe plans to buy two hotels in St. Paul.
Mille Lacs Band Chief Executive Melanie Benjamin made that announcement Tuesday in her annual State of the Band address.
The names of the two hotels were not released. Benjamin says once the purchases are finalized the Mille Lacs Band will own nearly half of the hotel rooms in St. Paul.
The Brainerd Dispatch reports Benjamin says the Mille Lacs Band has spent 20 years running hotels and learning the hospitality business.
Benjamin says the east-central Minnesota band had been working with Jim Graves, CEO of the Graves Hospitality Corp. and a recent candidate for Congress, on the hotel purchases, the Star Tribune reports.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract