WASECA, Minn. (AP) - A hunter has died in his tree stand south of Waseca in southern Minnesota.
The Waseca County sheriff's office got call from the man's wife Thursday afternoon.
Sheriff Brad Milbrath tells KTOE Radio the victim's wife went to check on him and found the man unresponsive. He apparently died from a medical condition.
An 11-point buck was found shot to death nearby.
Authorities are withholding the man's name until relatives are notified.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?