ROCHESTER, Minn. (AP) - A Winona County man who was shot and wounded by an Olmsted County sheriff's deputy on Christmas Eve remains in the hospital.
A La Crosse Tribune report says Winona County deputies responded Monday morning to a report of a domestic disturbance. The suspect fled, and authorities believed he was armed with a handgun.
Deputies in Olmsted County found the man hiding under a camper in Dover. He allegedly charged at officers, and a deputy fired a nonlethal round from a shotgun.
The suspect was injured and airlifted to a Rochester hospital.
His name and condition were not immediately released. Authorities have only identified him as a Winona County resident in his mid-20s.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest