ROCHESTER, Minn. (AP) - A Winona County man who was shot and wounded by an Olmsted County sheriff's deputy on Christmas Eve remains in the hospital.
A La Crosse Tribune report says Winona County deputies responded Monday morning to a report of a domestic disturbance. The suspect fled, and authorities believed he was armed with a handgun.
Deputies in Olmsted County found the man hiding under a camper in Dover. He allegedly charged at officers, and a deputy fired a nonlethal round from a shotgun.
The suspect was injured and airlifted to a Rochester hospital.
His name and condition were not immediately released. Authorities have only identified him as a Winona County resident in his mid-20s.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building
- La Crosse brush pick-up starts this week
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota