MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Minnesota dentists will be providing free dental care services for children in need across the state on Feb. 1-2.
The Minnesota Dental Association's 11th annual Give Kids a Smile event is expected to provide care to 6,000 children at over 200 dental clinics throughout the state.
People interested in scheduling an appointment can call United Way at 211, or the statewide toll-free number 1-800-543-7709. Patients should be 18 years or younger and accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Since Give Kids a Smile began, Minnesota dentists have provided free care to nearly 50,000 young children and donated services valued at more than $15 million dollars.
Volunteers speaking multiple languages have been engaged to eliminate language barriers, and school nurses are working to make sure families are aware of the program.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser