MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A Minneapolis-based bluegrass duo has won a Grammy for the best children's recording.
The Star Tribune reports the Okee Dokee Brothers won the award Sunday for their song "Can you Canoe?" It's about a canoe trip that Joe Mailander and Justin Lansing took on the Mississippi River.
They accepted the award in pre-telecast ceremonies. Mailander thanked the Recording Academy for "recognizing indie-made children's music." Lansing says making kids music was a dream of the duo who have known each other since age 3.
The album has sold about 10,000 copies.
The Okee Dokee Brothers have been making kid-oriented music since 2005.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota