MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A Minneapolis-based bluegrass duo has won a Grammy for the best children's recording.
The Star Tribune reports the Okee Dokee Brothers won the award Sunday for their song "Can you Canoe?" It's about a canoe trip that Joe Mailander and Justin Lansing took on the Mississippi River.
They accepted the award in pre-telecast ceremonies. Mailander thanked the Recording Academy for "recognizing indie-made children's music." Lansing says making kids music was a dream of the duo who have known each other since age 3.
The album has sold about 10,000 copies.
The Okee Dokee Brothers have been making kid-oriented music since 2005.
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals
- La Crosse County Health Department installs two needle drop off boxes in La Crosse
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- La Crosse Recycling Fair begins this Sunday
- ‘Youth & Government Day' offers students insight into local government
- Quarry blast shakes ground throughout Mankato