SHOREVIEW, Minn. (AP) - Firefighters have found the body of a Shoreview woman in her burning, cluttered home.
Spokesman Randy Gustafson of the Ramsey County sheriff's office says firefighters had to work their way into the packed house as they fought the fire just after 8 a.m. Monday.
Gustafson tells the St. Paul Pioneer Press conditions inside the single-family home suggest hoarding.
Authorities don't know yet if the woman died before the fire broke out. Her name is being withheld until her family is notified.
It does not appear anyone else lived at the home. But Gustafson says because of the home's conditions, firefighters were still searching to make sure no one else was there.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse