SHOREVIEW, Minn. (AP) - Firefighters have found the body of a Shoreview woman in her burning, cluttered home.
Spokesman Randy Gustafson of the Ramsey County sheriff's office says firefighters had to work their way into the packed house as they fought the fire just after 8 a.m. Monday.
Gustafson tells the St. Paul Pioneer Press conditions inside the single-family home suggest hoarding.
Authorities don't know yet if the woman died before the fire broke out. Her name is being withheld until her family is notified.
It does not appear anyone else lived at the home. But Gustafson says because of the home's conditions, firefighters were still searching to make sure no one else was there.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser