Authorities say criminal charges will be filed against a Minnesota fugitive accused of holding his ex-girlfriend against her will for about six months at a motel in the Nevada resort city of Mesquite.
Jason Edward Greniger remains in custody in Las Vegas pending a Feb. 26 arraignment in Mesquite on felony kidnapping and coercion charges.
The 34-year-old from Grand Rapids, Minn., had agreed following his arrest last month not to contest his extradition to Minnesota on a warrant in a felony child punishment case.
But Minnesota authorities haven't picked him up.
Greniger's ex-girlfriend, Sheena Herschbach, told police that Greniger used physical violence to keep her at a motel about 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas.
Herschbach told reporters the three children she had with Greniger were living in foster care.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest