HASTINGS, Minn. (AP) - Jurors in Dakota County have convicted an Apple Valley man on all charges in the death of his pregnant wife.
The jury deliberated 11 straight hours and found Roger Holland guilty as charged in the strangulation death of Margorie Holland, who was 15 weeks pregnant.
The 37-year-old defendant did not visibly react when the verdict was read about 1 a.m. Tuesday. The St. Paul Pioneer Press says some of the victim's family members cried quietly.
Holland was found guilty of two first-degree and two second-degree murder charges, which carry a sentence of life in prison without parole. Defense attorney Marsh Halberg says Holland was disappointed and surprised by the verdict.
Under state law, the first-degree murder conviction will be automatically appealed to the state Supreme Court.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers