ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - An 18-year-old Minnesota man living on a U.S. military base in Japan is accused of plying a 17-year-old girl with alcohol and then raping her while recording the act on cellphone video.
Ricky Sherwood of White Bear Lake was charged last week in federal court in St. Paul with sexual abuse and producing and possessing child pornography.
Sherwood is a student and part-time lifeguard on Kadena Air Force Base in Okinawa. The Star Tribune reports Sherwood is accused of assaulting the girl Feb. 11 while other classmates were in the room at his uncle's home.
Sherwood was arrested Wednesday at the base and appeared via telephone before Magistrate Judge Tony Leung, who ordered Sherwood transferred from Japan to the U.S.
Online court records do not list a defense attorney.
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony