ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - An 18-year-old Minnesota man living on a U.S. military base in Japan is accused of plying a 17-year-old girl with alcohol and then raping her while recording the act on cellphone video.
Ricky Sherwood of White Bear Lake was charged last week in federal court in St. Paul with sexual abuse and producing and possessing child pornography.
Sherwood is a student and part-time lifeguard on Kadena Air Force Base in Okinawa. The Star Tribune reports Sherwood is accused of assaulting the girl Feb. 11 while other classmates were in the room at his uncle's home.
Sherwood was arrested Wednesday at the base and appeared via telephone before Magistrate Judge Tony Leung, who ordered Sherwood transferred from Japan to the U.S.
Online court records do not list a defense attorney.
- Wisconsin Revenue Department touts anti-fraud efforts
- Candidates for Wisconsin superintendent face off at forum
- Lawmakers push for hemp comeback in Wisconsin
- Senate to vote on ending ban on Sunday liquor sales
- Madison police recommend charges in fatal Highway 30 crash
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- Flight attendant charged in fake bomb threat signs plea deal
- Whitewater High School evacuated because of suspicious package
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics
- Officers fired upon in Milwaukee