MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Authorities say a St. Paul man shot his wife in the head, sawed her into pieces in the shower, then hid her remains in plastic bins in his friend's garage.
Steven Roger Johnson, 34, is charged with second-degree murder in the death of Manya Jewel Johnson, 32. The criminal complaint says Steven Johnson admitted he shot his wife Sunday after she said she was leaving him and taking their son.
The complaint says Johnson used a saw to dismember her body in the shower and put her in several plastic bins. The complaint says he cleaned his home and took the bins to a friend's garage. He later told the friend what he did.
Johnson is in custody and unavailable for comment. It's not clear if he has an attorney.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners