MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Authorities say a St. Paul man shot his wife in the head, sawed her into pieces in the shower, then hid her remains in plastic bins in his friend's garage.
Steven Roger Johnson, 34, is charged with second-degree murder in the death of Manya Jewel Johnson, 32. The criminal complaint says Steven Johnson admitted he shot his wife Sunday after she said she was leaving him and taking their son.
The complaint says Johnson used a saw to dismember her body in the shower and put her in several plastic bins. The complaint says he cleaned his home and took the bins to a friend's garage. He later told the friend what he did.
Johnson is in custody and unavailable for comment. It's not clear if he has an attorney.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day