CROOKSTON, Minn. (AP) - A rural Crookston couple has died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in their home and two of their daughters are being treated.
Polk County sheriff's authorities say 49-year-old Kent Ostgaard and his 51-year-old wife, Natalie, were found dead after a 911 call Monday morning.
Twenty-two-year-old daughter Aryanna Ostgaard was unconscious but still breathing. Chief Sheriff's Deputy Jim Tadman says she is in critical condition at Mayo Clinic in Rochester.
Tadman says a 17-year-old daughter was treated and released from RiverView Health in Crookston.
The Crookston Daily Times reports the Ostgaards also have a middle child who attends the University of Minnesota Duluth.
Natalie Ostgaard was city editor at the Crookston Daily Times from 2002 to 2013.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Evers, Holtz win primary for state school superintendent
- Statewide personal care worker shortage creates uncertain future
- Local golfers take advantage of recent warm weather
- Biometric screening speeds check-in at Twin Cities airport
- U of Minnesota law professor charged with sex assault
- UW-La Crosse officials discuss possibility of tobacco-free campus
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- Padesky, Dutton move on in city council primary