ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Narrow wins by Republican Mary Franson and Democrat Kevin Dahle in legislative recounts have become official.
The State Canvassing Board certified the results of the recounts in House District 8B and Senate District 20 on Tuesday in St. Paul.
Franson won the 8B recount and a second term representing the Alexandria area by 12 votes over Democrat Bob Cuniff.
Dahle won the Senate recount in the Northfield area by 71 votes, beating Republican Mike Dudley. Dahle is a former senator returning after a two-year absence.
Neither recount affected party control of the Legislature. Democrats will take over both chambers when the new Legislature convenes next month.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building