BRAINERD, Minn. (AP) - A man has filed a federal lawsuit against officials at Brainerd's Central Lakes College after he says he was expelled for a Facebook post.
Craig Keefe, of Gull Lake, is suing to be reinstated to his nursing program as well as damages from the defendants, which include the school's president Larry Lundblad.
Keefe's attorney, Jordan Kushner, tells the St. Paul Pioneer Press school officials never gave the 37-year-old a specific explanation for his expulsion in December and violated the college's rules by denying him an appeal.
The suit claims school officials complained to Keefe over two Facebook posts. One allegedly used a derogatory term and the other was "a comment about there not being enough whiskey for anger management."
Michael Dougherty, a vice chancellor at the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, says he can't comment on pending litigation.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion