MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A man who was struck by a Metro Transit bus in Minneapolis has died of his injuries.
Authorities say the 63-year-old man died Friday at the Hennepin County Medical Center.
Metro Transit says the man was walking in the crosswalk Thursday evening when he was struck by the bus. The driver has been placed on administrative leave while an investigation is ongoing. The victim has not been identified.
Metro Transit says it's the tenth fatal pedestrian accident involving a bus in 23 years.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest