MOORHEAD, Minn. (AP) - Authorities say a man who died along with his partner in a western Minnesota car crash was on his way to his father's funeral when the couple was killed.
Monday's crash near Barnesville also critically injured the man's 16-year-old son. Family members attending a memorial service for Moorhead artist Timothy Ray were given the tragic news when State Patrol troopers informed them that Ray's son, Sean Ray, had died on the way to the funeral in Fargo, N.D. Sean Ray's partner, Judith Reid, was also killed.
Officials say Reid tried to drive between a snowplow and a semi and was hit by a pickup truck during blizzard-like conditions on Interstate 94. Ray and Reid were both 49.
The Forum says 72-year-old Timothy Ray died Feb. 10 after battling colon cancer.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather