MOORHEAD, Minn. (AP) - Authorities say a man who died along with his partner in a western Minnesota car crash was on his way to his father's funeral when the couple was killed.
Monday's crash near Barnesville also critically injured the man's 16-year-old son. Family members attending a memorial service for Moorhead artist Timothy Ray were given the tragic news when State Patrol troopers informed them that Ray's son, Sean Ray, had died on the way to the funeral in Fargo, N.D. Sean Ray's partner, Judith Reid, was also killed.
Officials say Reid tried to drive between a snowplow and a semi and was hit by a pickup truck during blizzard-like conditions on Interstate 94. Ray and Reid were both 49.
The Forum says 72-year-old Timothy Ray died Feb. 10 after battling colon cancer.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests