MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Police say a man in a wheelchair was struck and killed as he tried to cross a highway at a Minneapolis intersection.
Authorities say the intersection did not have a crosswalk or traffic signal. The driver of the car that struck the man, as well as another driver, stopped to try to help the victim, who died at the scene about 9:30 p.m. Thursday.
Police say the speed limit where the accident occurred is 40 mph.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract