MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Police say a man in a wheelchair was struck and killed as he tried to cross a highway at a Minneapolis intersection.
Authorities say the intersection did not have a crosswalk or traffic signal. The driver of the car that struck the man, as well as another driver, stopped to try to help the victim, who died at the scene about 9:30 p.m. Thursday.
Police say the speed limit where the accident occurred is 40 mph.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser