BIGFORK, Minn. (AP) - A Bigfork man is dead after a snowmobile crash in northern Minnesota.
According to the Itasca County sheriff's department, a woman called authorities Saturday morning to report that her husband had went out snowmobiling alone the night before and hadn't contacted her in more than 12 hours.
The sheriff's department started looking for 38-year-old Daniel Hollinday in the Bigfork area and found him dead next to a snowmobile shortly before noon.
Sheriff's officials say it appears his snowmobile hit a large rock on the river shore and then was thrown into smaller rocks.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks