BIGFORK, Minn. (AP) - A Bigfork man is dead after a snowmobile crash in northern Minnesota.
According to the Itasca County sheriff's department, a woman called authorities Saturday morning to report that her husband had went out snowmobiling alone the night before and hadn't contacted her in more than 12 hours.
The sheriff's department started looking for 38-year-old Daniel Hollinday in the Bigfork area and found him dead next to a snowmobile shortly before noon.
Sheriff's officials say it appears his snowmobile hit a large rock on the river shore and then was thrown into smaller rocks.
- Local event helps connect military families
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Area couples prepare for wedding season