ALEXANDRIA, Minn. (AP) - A 50-year-old man is dead after getting caught in a piece of machinery at a waste facility in Alexandria.
According to a news release from the local police department, it happened at about 9 p.m. Thursday at Pope/Douglas Solid Waste, which handles waste for Pope and Douglas counties.
Police say the man is Tim Allen Anderson from Evansville and he's an employee there.
He died on the scene.
Police wouldn't release any other information out of sensitivity to the family.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day