ALEXANDRIA, Minn. (AP) - A 50-year-old man is dead after getting caught in a piece of machinery at a waste facility in Alexandria.
According to a news release from the local police department, it happened at about 9 p.m. Thursday at Pope/Douglas Solid Waste, which handles waste for Pope and Douglas counties.
Police say the man is Tim Allen Anderson from Evansville and he's an employee there.
He died on the scene.
Police wouldn't release any other information out of sensitivity to the family.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death