MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A 23-year-old man previously suspected in three attacks on women in Georgia has been charged with murder in the death of a Minnesota woman.
Alberto Prece Palmer was charged Friday in Anoka County with second-degree murder in the death of 18-year-old Brittany Clardy.
Investigators say Clardy met Palmer after he answered her online ad for massage services in February. A criminal complaint says Palmer told police the two fought after having sex, and he beat her in the head with a hammer.
Clardy's body was found Feb. 21 hidden in her mother's car, which had been towed to a Columbia Heights impound lot.
It wasn't immediately clear Friday if Palmer had an attorney. He was held in the county jail in Anoka on $2 million bail.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns