MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A 23-year-old man previously suspected in three attacks on women in Georgia has been charged with murder in the death of a Minnesota woman.
Alberto Prece Palmer was charged Friday in Anoka County with second-degree murder in the death of 18-year-old Brittany Clardy.
Investigators say Clardy met Palmer after he answered her online ad for massage services in February. A criminal complaint says Palmer told police the two fought after having sex, and he beat her in the head with a hammer.
Clardy's body was found Feb. 21 hidden in her mother's car, which had been towed to a Columbia Heights impound lot.
It wasn't immediately clear Friday if Palmer had an attorney. He was held in the county jail in Anoka on $2 million bail.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners