BROOKLYN PARK, Minn. (AP) -- A man is jailed on suspicion he tried to abduct a girl on her way to school in Brooklyn Park.
Police say a student approached a school resource officer at Brooklyn Junior High School Thursday morning. She said she was confronted by a man who asked her to talk to him as she walked to school.
Police say the man grabbed the girl's arm. She was able to break free and walk to school, where she reported the incident to police.
Officers arrested the suspect in Minneapolis. He is in jail pending charges.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death