LA CRESCENT, Minn. - One man's trash becomes a group of students' art.
Students at La Crescent Montessori worked with a local artist Monday to paint on cardboard boxes. But instead of the traditional paint, they used reclaimed latex house paint.
The artist teaching said it's a sloppy technique, but it gets the students thinking outside of the box.19766346
"Things that could be considered waste could be used for useful, functional, in this case, artisitic things," said local artist and educator Jamie Harper.
The students' projects will be combined into a single piece that will be hung up in the school.
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Dayton names new Minnesota State Lottery director
- Walker hopes Trump's tough talk catches Canada's attention
- Walker: Not my job to remove Sheriff Clarke after jail death
- Minnesota woman gets probation for supporting al-Shabab