LA CRESCENT, Minn. - One man's trash becomes a group of students' art.
Students at La Crescent Montessori worked with a local artist Monday to paint on cardboard boxes. But instead of the traditional paint, they used reclaimed latex house paint.
The artist teaching said it's a sloppy technique, but it gets the students thinking outside of the box.19766346
"Things that could be considered waste could be used for useful, functional, in this case, artisitic things," said local artist and educator Jamie Harper.
The students' projects will be combined into a single piece that will be hung up in the school.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners