MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A grand jury has indicted a 23-year-old man on a first-degree murder charge in the death of a St. Paul woman whose body was found in an impounded car.
Prosecutors say Alberto Palmer met the victim, 18-year-old Brittany Clardy, through an online escort ad and killed her with a hammer at a residence in Brooklyn Park Feb. 11. Clardy's body was found Feb. 19 in a car at the Columbia Heights impound lot.
Palmer had previously been charged with second-degree murder in Anoka County. The Star Tribune says he remains jailed on $2 million bond. His next court appearance is June 27.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks