ROSEVILLE, Minn. (AP) - For some Minnesota motorists, helicopters could get in the way of the commute this week.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation is warning of possible delays along Highway 169 near Belle Plaine because of a power transmission line project. Helicopters will help be stringing heavy-duty transmission lines through Friday.
The lines are part of the CapX2020 project that involves 250 miles of transmission between Brookings County in South Dakota and Dakota County in Minnesota. The first part of the line is expected to be energized later in the year.
MnDOT says state troopers will be on scene and may opt to temporarily stop traffic.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies