HOUSTON COUNTY, Minn. - At 3 p.m. on Sunday, Houston County Commissioners declared Houston County under a "State of Emergency."
Houston County officials say travel throughout the county is extremely limited due to the recent heavy rains. Many roadways are either washed out or under water.
The Houston County Highway Department and the Houston County Sheriff Department are still conducting damage survey's and reporting closers. Preliminary damage assessments are estimated at $2,000,000 and climbing.
Travel is not recommended on County Highways and some township roads.
Houston County Emergency Management is reminding people "NOT TO DRIVE THROUGH WATER ACROSS ROADWAYS". This can be a dangerous situation. One vehicle was reported swept off the roadway on County 15 which resulted in the rescue of one subject.
2013 06 23 ROADS CLOSED
County 4 – Faller hill by Rooster Valley Rd
County 5 – North of New Albin.
County 10 – Schecks Mill area
County 12 – Tom Falls to County 11
County 15 – to Fillmore County Line
County 25 – State 16 to County 21
County 27 – total washout at 16776, west of Bangs, will be closed for awhile
County 31 – Cty 5 to Cty 2
Cut Across Road
Freeberg Ridge Road – fire or Ambulance will have to go out Jefferson Ridge Road
Hamilton Road in Brownsville
Mound Prairie Drive
Swede Bottom Road
Marina Road in Brownsville
Rooster Valley near County 4
FILLMORE COUNTY – State 43 bridge in Choice is closed
2013 06 23 ROADS DAMAGED BUT PASSABLE
County 21 – 3" of water on it but passable
County 22 – John Fishells down to 16 – passable but ditches
County 249 – Trees down but passable
State 76 - by County 4, concern about volume going under bridge
Parkside by Gorgens, concrete undercut, not sure what township is doing with it
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- Baby peregrine falcons banded in downtown La Crosse
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 25, 2017
- Program gives books to La Crosse students for summer reading
- Tomah VA, Fort McCoy team up for Memorial Day 5K
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation