HOUSTON COUNTY, Minn. - At 3 p.m. on Sunday, Houston County Commissioners declared Houston County under a "State of Emergency."
Houston County officials say travel throughout the county is extremely limited due to the recent heavy rains. Many roadways are either washed out or under water.
The Houston County Highway Department and the Houston County Sheriff Department are still conducting damage survey's and reporting closers. Preliminary damage assessments are estimated at $2,000,000 and climbing.
Travel is not recommended on County Highways and some township roads.
Houston County Emergency Management is reminding people "NOT TO DRIVE THROUGH WATER ACROSS ROADWAYS". This can be a dangerous situation. One vehicle was reported swept off the roadway on County 15 which resulted in the rescue of one subject.
2013 06 23 ROADS CLOSED
County 4 – Faller hill by Rooster Valley Rd
County 5 – North of New Albin.
County 10 – Schecks Mill area
County 12 – Tom Falls to County 11
County 15 – to Fillmore County Line
County 25 – State 16 to County 21
County 27 – total washout at 16776, west of Bangs, will be closed for awhile
County 31 – Cty 5 to Cty 2
Cut Across Road
Freeberg Ridge Road – fire or Ambulance will have to go out Jefferson Ridge Road
Hamilton Road in Brownsville
Mound Prairie Drive
Swede Bottom Road
Marina Road in Brownsville
Rooster Valley near County 4
FILLMORE COUNTY – State 43 bridge in Choice is closed
2013 06 23 ROADS DAMAGED BUT PASSABLE
County 21 – 3" of water on it but passable
County 22 – John Fishells down to 16 – passable but ditches
County 249 – Trees down but passable
State 76 - by County 4, concern about volume going under bridge
Parkside by Gorgens, concrete undercut, not sure what township is doing with it
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says