MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Heavy rain, powerful winds and large hail pounded parts of Minnesota as a severe thunderstorm rolled through.
The National Weather Service had reports of 2-inch hail south of Cambridge and 1-inch hail and heavy rain southeast of Monticello Thursday. The weather service says strong winds in Hutchinson toppled a tree which landed on a vehicle and caused minor injuries to one person.
The high wind also caused trees to fall in northern Chisago County with one hitting a house southwest of Rush City.
The Star Tribune says power failures mounted in the Twin Cities as the storm blew through. Xcel Energy reported 20,000 outages at one point.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline