MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Heavy rain, powerful winds and large hail pounded parts of Minnesota as a severe thunderstorm rolled through.
The National Weather Service had reports of 2-inch hail south of Cambridge and 1-inch hail and heavy rain southeast of Monticello Thursday. The weather service says strong winds in Hutchinson toppled a tree which landed on a vehicle and caused minor injuries to one person.
The high wind also caused trees to fall in northern Chisago County with one hitting a house southwest of Rush City.
The Star Tribune says power failures mounted in the Twin Cities as the storm blew through. Xcel Energy reported 20,000 outages at one point.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Fort Lauderdale shooter says he carried out attack for ISIS, FBI claims
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers