MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Hennepin County District Court is highlighting equality and its self-help center as it celebrates Law Day.
Law Day is observed every year by those in the justice system to commemorate the rule of law, the judiciary and its place in society.
This year's theme is "Equality for All -- Realizing the Dream."
On Wednesday, Hennepin County judges and court staff will have an information booth, as well as trivia games and a slideshow.
Staff from the self-help center will help those without attorneys to do their own paperwork.
In addition to the self-help center, court officials say they are providing equal access to justice in many other ways. Among them, Hennepin County provided more than 16,500 interpreting services in 156 different languages last year.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather