MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Hennepin County District Court is highlighting equality and its self-help center as it celebrates Law Day.
Law Day is observed every year by those in the justice system to commemorate the rule of law, the judiciary and its place in society.
This year's theme is "Equality for All -- Realizing the Dream."
On Wednesday, Hennepin County judges and court staff will have an information booth, as well as trivia games and a slideshow.
Staff from the self-help center will help those without attorneys to do their own paperwork.
In addition to the self-help center, court officials say they are providing equal access to justice in many other ways. Among them, Hennepin County provided more than 16,500 interpreting services in 156 different languages last year.
- Severe storms cause extensive damage
- Kwik Trip buying PDQ Food Stores
- Domestic abuse, legal resources offer revenge porn victims support
- The Long Shot
- Walker signs bill requiring voucher school background checks
- Walker to meet with Republican leaders to talk budget
- Investigators: Discarded smoking materials cause of La Crosse apartment fire
- Westby winery one of first in U.S. to can wine
- Women's Fund awards grants to 24 area programs
- Holmen Festival Foods project highlights growing area