MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Hennepin County District Court is highlighting equality and its self-help center as it celebrates Law Day.
Law Day is observed every year by those in the justice system to commemorate the rule of law, the judiciary and its place in society.
This year's theme is "Equality for All -- Realizing the Dream."
On Wednesday, Hennepin County judges and court staff will have an information booth, as well as trivia games and a slideshow.
Staff from the self-help center will help those without attorneys to do their own paperwork.
In addition to the self-help center, court officials say they are providing equal access to justice in many other ways. Among them, Hennepin County provided more than 16,500 interpreting services in 156 different languages last year.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?