MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Authorities in Hennepin County have launched a smartphone app for crime tips.
The app lets citizens send crime tips to the sheriff anonymously. It's available for both iPhone and Android models.
It's available by searching for "HCSOTip" in both phones' app marketplaces.
The sheriff's office also has two more ways to send crime tips. One is by text message; the other can be done via the department's website.
Several agencies around the country have already rolled out similar apps.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death