MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Authorities in Hennepin County have launched a smartphone app for crime tips.
The app lets citizens send crime tips to the sheriff anonymously. It's available for both iPhone and Android models.
It's available by searching for "HCSOTip" in both phones' app marketplaces.
The sheriff's office also has two more ways to send crime tips. One is by text message; the other can be done via the department's website.
Several agencies around the country have already rolled out similar apps.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather