MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- A security guard accused of knocking down, tripping and pushing fans at the Minnesota Gophers' stadium has been fired.
Fans had permission to rush the field at TCF Bank Stadium last Saturday after the Gophers' big win over Iowa. That's when a security guard standing on the edge of the field was caught on video attacking fans.
University of Minnesota Athletic Director Joel Maturi says he's disappointed in the guard's actions. He turned the video over to CSC, the company responsible for security at the stadium. CSC fired the guard. Maturi tells KSTP-TV that it was the right thing to do.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Minnesota city to unleash goats on invasive plants
- Minnesota residents help homeless man
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm