WINONA, Minn. -- Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton's statewide jobs tour made a stop Winona Wednesday.479246
The Governor sat down for a roundtable with local politicians, state workers and business owners at Southeast Technical college. This is the second summit in Winona for the governor who is trying to gather the best ideas for job creation in the state.
One of Governor Dayton's goals is to make sure the workforce is trained for the jobs available. "You have to have state of the art equipment, that's a major capitol investment, you have to have instructors that are up to speed, and you have to have the programs then, the links to the businesses and that's crucial," says Governor Dayton.
The governor plans to hold several more regional summits leading up to a statewide jobs summit in October.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?