WINONA, Minn. -- Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton's statewide jobs tour made a stop Winona Wednesday.479246
The Governor sat down for a roundtable with local politicians, state workers and business owners at Southeast Technical college. This is the second summit in Winona for the governor who is trying to gather the best ideas for job creation in the state.
One of Governor Dayton's goals is to make sure the workforce is trained for the jobs available. "You have to have state of the art equipment, that's a major capitol investment, you have to have instructors that are up to speed, and you have to have the programs then, the links to the businesses and that's crucial," says Governor Dayton.
The governor plans to hold several more regional summits leading up to a statewide jobs summit in October.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting