MINNEAPOLIS, Wis. - Goat will be on the menu at Target Field when the Minnesota Twins open the 2013 season, and it's not the kind of goat that blows a game.
The new food vendors include AZ Canteen, a venture of Minnesota celebrity chef Andren Zimmern, host of the Travel Channel's "Bizarre Foods." His stand will serve up a goat-and-lamb burger and other nontraditional ballpark dishes like griddled veal tongue and green papaya salad with pork belly. Zimmern debuted the goat burgers at the Minnesota State Fair last summer.
Other new vendors include Mac's Fish and Chips of St. Paul, Sheboygan Sausage of Alexandria, Panino's Baked Sandwiches of North Oaks, and some healthy food options too.
Cut from the opening day roster were the walleye on a stick and the turkey leg.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents