DASSEL, Minn. (AP) - A 10-year-old girl from North Carolina is dead after sledding in central Minnesota.
Meeker County Sheriff Jeff Norlin says the girl had been sledding down a hill with other children in a Dassel Township backyard when her sled hit a stump and she was ejected. It happened around 3:30 p.m. Thursday. She later died at a local hospital.
The West Central Tribune reports she was at the residence of her grandparents, Craig and Barbara Kay.
The sheriff says the children were under adult supervision and this appears to be an accident.
The sheriff's office is continuing to investigate.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student