DASSEL, Minn. (AP) - A 10-year-old girl from North Carolina is dead after sledding in central Minnesota.
Meeker County Sheriff Jeff Norlin says the girl had been sledding down a hill with other children in a Dassel Township backyard when her sled hit a stump and she was ejected. It happened around 3:30 p.m. Thursday. She later died at a local hospital.
The West Central Tribune reports she was at the residence of her grandparents, Craig and Barbara Kay.
The sheriff says the children were under adult supervision and this appears to be an accident.
The sheriff's office is continuing to investigate.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion