RICHFIELD, Minn. (AP) - A 6-year-old girl was critically injured when she fell into a backyard pool in Richfield.
Police say the girl's 8-year-old cousin tried to help her, but both had to be rescued by a neighbor and officers. Authorities say the pool was uncovered and partially filled with water when the girl fell in Sunday morning.
She was rushed to Hennepin County Medical Center. KSTP-TV says the male cousin was also transported, but wasn't seriously injured.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks