SHAKOPEE, Minn. (AP) - The funeral will be Wednesday for a Minnesota Marine killed last week in Afghanistan.
Lance Cpl. Dale Means of Shakopee was killed Nov. 18 by an improvised explosive device. The 23-year-old had been deployed to Afghanistan in July.
Means' funeral will be held Wednesday morning at the Church of St. Patrick of Cedar Lake, near Jordan. WCCO reports that the service will include full military honors.
Means graduated from New Prague High School in 2007. He and his wife Andrea had been living near Camp Lejeune, N.C., where he was stationed.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Tomah police believe they captured the suspects involved in a high speed chase Sunday
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser