SHAKOPEE, Minn. (AP) - The funeral will be Wednesday for a Minnesota Marine killed last week in Afghanistan.
Lance Cpl. Dale Means of Shakopee was killed Nov. 18 by an improvised explosive device. The 23-year-old had been deployed to Afghanistan in July.
Means' funeral will be held Wednesday morning at the Church of St. Patrick of Cedar Lake, near Jordan. WCCO reports that the service will include full military honors.
Means graduated from New Prague High School in 2007. He and his wife Andrea had been living near Camp Lejeune, N.C., where he was stationed.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather