WINONA, MN - In some emergencies, CPR can be the difference between life and death.
That's why Winona Health is giving people the opportunity to make that difference.
On Saturday, the public took part in an informal workshop called "Hands Only CPR."
The free workshop prepares people to use CPR without mouth to mouth contact.
The class uses unconventional techniques to make the session fun but educational.
People leave the session with the ability to do CPR and the confidence to use it during an emergency.22063370
"Some CPR is better than no CPR," said class director Helen Bagshaw. "If we wait and look around for someone who knows, every minute a victim doesn't get chest compressions the chance of survival reduces by 10 percent."
CPR instructors say the first step to saving a life is calling 911.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks