ANOKA, Minn. (AP) - Four people escaped without injury from a pickup that sunk to the bottom of an Anoka County lake.
Jim Flink says he was about 50 feet off the plowed track on Peltier Lake Sunday when the ice gave way. Flink tells KSTP-TV that he and two of his daughters and a family friend crawled out the windows of the truck as it sank. Flink was pulling a trailer with a snowmobile. The trailer is partially submerged.
He says the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources told him he has 30 days to remove his truck from the bottom of the lake.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.