ANOKA, Minn. (AP) - Four people escaped without injury from a pickup that sunk to the bottom of an Anoka County lake.
Jim Flink says he was about 50 feet off the plowed track on Peltier Lake Sunday when the ice gave way. Flink tells KSTP-TV that he and two of his daughters and a family friend crawled out the windows of the truck as it sank. Flink was pulling a trailer with a snowmobile. The trailer is partially submerged.
He says the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources told him he has 30 days to remove his truck from the bottom of the lake.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure