WINONA, Minn. - About 150 workers in Winona are on strike, but it's not exactly clear why.
Workers from the Badger Foundry Company voted Wednesday to reject management's proposal for a new contract, and at midnight the workers went on strike.
The employees were out in front of the company Thursday holding signs that said "unfair." But no workers or union representatives would comment.16683668
The company did release a statement saying in part, "The Company feels strongly that its offer would have allowed our employees to continue to receive excellent pay and benefits."
It's still unclear what was in the rejected deal or what the workers are requesting.
The company says no further negotiations are scheduled.
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals
- La Crosse County Health Department installs two needle drop off boxes in La Crosse
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- La Crosse Recycling Fair begins this Sunday
- ‘Youth & Government Day' offers students insight into local government
- Quarry blast shakes ground throughout Mankato