WINONA, Minn. - About 150 workers in Winona are on strike, but it's not exactly clear why.
Workers from the Badger Foundry Company voted Wednesday to reject management's proposal for a new contract, and at midnight the workers went on strike.
The employees were out in front of the company Thursday holding signs that said "unfair." But no workers or union representatives would comment.16683668
The company did release a statement saying in part, "The Company feels strongly that its offer would have allowed our employees to continue to receive excellent pay and benefits."
It's still unclear what was in the rejected deal or what the workers are requesting.
The company says no further negotiations are scheduled.
- Klobuchar promotes Guard and Reserve legislation
- Aspen Dental offers free dental care to veterans
- Ex-Wisconsin teacher sentenced for sexual assault of student
- Company: 5th worker has died after Wisconsin mill explosion
- UW-L science camps offer kids hands-on learning
- Mayo Clinic opens in Belle Square
- ReNew La Crosse celebrates neighborhood revitalization efforts
- Study provides more accurate estimates of genetic breast, ovarian cancer risk
- Rotary racks up the ribs with annual 'Rock-n-Ribs' event
- Celebrate Onalaska kicks off