WINONA, Minn. - About 150 workers in Winona are on strike, but it's not exactly clear why.
Workers from the Badger Foundry Company voted Wednesday to reject management's proposal for a new contract, and at midnight the workers went on strike.
The employees were out in front of the company Thursday holding signs that said "unfair." But no workers or union representatives would comment.16683668
The company did release a statement saying in part, "The Company feels strongly that its offer would have allowed our employees to continue to receive excellent pay and benefits."
It's still unclear what was in the rejected deal or what the workers are requesting.
The company says no further negotiations are scheduled.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 20, 2017
- Oktoberfest officials move Festmaster's Ball to August
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting