WINONA, Minn. - About 150 workers in Winona are on strike, but it's not exactly clear why.
Workers from the Badger Foundry Company voted Wednesday to reject management's proposal for a new contract, and at midnight the workers went on strike.
The employees were out in front of the company Thursday holding signs that said "unfair." But no workers or union representatives would comment.16683668
The company did release a statement saying in part, "The Company feels strongly that its offer would have allowed our employees to continue to receive excellent pay and benefits."
It's still unclear what was in the rejected deal or what the workers are requesting.
The company says no further negotiations are scheduled.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse