WINONA, Minn. - About 150 workers in Winona are on strike, but it's not exactly clear why.
Workers from the Badger Foundry Company voted Wednesday to reject management's proposal for a new contract, and at midnight the workers went on strike.
The employees were out in front of the company Thursday holding signs that said "unfair." But no workers or union representatives would comment.16683668
The company did release a statement saying in part, "The Company feels strongly that its offer would have allowed our employees to continue to receive excellent pay and benefits."
It's still unclear what was in the rejected deal or what the workers are requesting.
The company says no further negotiations are scheduled.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently