STILLWATER, Minn. (AP) - A former Stillwater prison employee is charged with sexually assaulting an inmate.
A criminal complaint says a 21-year-old inmate told state corrections officials and a Washington County sheriff's detective that Dean Huhta made sexual advances and touched him inappropriately on several occasions.
The 40-year-old Chisago City man has been charged with one count of criminal sexual conduct by a corrections employee. Huhta told investigators his hands may have touched the inmate's groin area while they were "playing games."
The St. Paul Pioneer Press says Huhta worked for the prison's industries program and helped inmates make products that are sold to the public. Huhta did not immediately return a call for comment.
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse