STILLWATER, Minn. (AP) - A former Stillwater prison employee is charged with sexually assaulting an inmate.
A criminal complaint says a 21-year-old inmate told state corrections officials and a Washington County sheriff's detective that Dean Huhta made sexual advances and touched him inappropriately on several occasions.
The 40-year-old Chisago City man has been charged with one count of criminal sexual conduct by a corrections employee. Huhta told investigators his hands may have touched the inmate's groin area while they were "playing games."
The St. Paul Pioneer Press says Huhta worked for the prison's industries program and helped inmates make products that are sold to the public. Huhta did not immediately return a call for comment.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death