SHAKOPEE, Minn. (AP) - A division of Emerson Electronics Co. is asking for state and local financial incentives to bring 500 jobs to a vacant plant in Shakopee.
Emerson's proposal to the city says the company would bring 400 new jobs and about 100 transfers to a facility built by ADC Telecommunications, but never occupied. Emerson Process Management Rosemount says about 300 of the positions would be salaried and 200 would be hourly wage jobs. Emerson estimated average annual wages for the jobs at $55,000 to $64,000.
The St. Paul Pioneer Press says Emerson is asking the city, Scott County and the state for an assistance package totaling about $6 million, including tax abatements and matching funds for construction.
The Shakopee City Council plans to consider the request Tuesday.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser