MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- The son of a Minneapolis business owner who was gunned down in September has been invited to President Barack Obama's State of the Union address.
Minnesota Congressman Keith Ellison says he has invited Sami Rahamim (RAH'-huh-meem) to be his guest in the U.S. House chamber when Obama gives his State of the Union Feb. 12.
Rahamim's father, Reuven Rahamim, four employees and a UPS driver were fatally shot at Accent Signage on Sept. 27 by a gunman who took his own life.
Ellison made his announcement at a forum on gun violence in Minneapolis Thursday. The Democratic congressman says Sami Rahamim has "suffered a tragic loss" but has "stepped forward to make a difference in our community and our nation."
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership