EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) - Eden Prairie police say two people are dead in a shooting incident that prompted the evacuation of an apartment building for several hours.
Police received a 911 call of shots fired in a unit at the Eden Place complex just after 7 a.m. Saturday.
The Eden Prairie SWAT team and officers from other nearby suburban departments surrounded the building. Police spokeswoman Katie Bengtson says all the other units in the building were evacuated as a precaution.
The body of an adult female was found late Saturday morning. Officers later used a robot to find the body of an adult male inside.
Bengtson says investigators are trying to determine what happened and aren't ready to say if it was a murder-suicide or double-homicide, but they're not looking for suspects.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death