LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Due to construction on the Dresbach Bridge, the I-90 entrance ramp on northbound Highway 61 will be closed beginning Friday, November 8 at 5 a.m.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) says the ramp will be closed so crews can work on bridge deck repairs.
Drivers should follow westbound I-90 and take the Dresbach exit to eastbound I-90.
The ramp is scheduled to reopen to traffic on Monday, November 11 at 5 a.m., weather permitting.
On Wednesday, an Ames Construction worker who was working on the Dresbach Bridge fell about 45 feet into the Pier 2 cofferdam, according to MnDOT. He was trasnported by Tri-State Ambulance to a La Crosse hospital with life-threatening injuries
"Work on Pier 2 has temporarily stopped while the incident is being investigated, but work on the rest of the project is continuing," said Mark Anderson, MnDOT project manager. "There is no impact to traffic on the construction site."
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US