LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Due to construction on the Dresbach Bridge, the I-90 entrance ramp on northbound Highway 61 will be closed beginning Friday, November 8 at 5 a.m.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) says the ramp will be closed so crews can work on bridge deck repairs.
Drivers should follow westbound I-90 and take the Dresbach exit to eastbound I-90.
The ramp is scheduled to reopen to traffic on Monday, November 11 at 5 a.m., weather permitting.
On Wednesday, an Ames Construction worker who was working on the Dresbach Bridge fell about 45 feet into the Pier 2 cofferdam, according to MnDOT. He was trasnported by Tri-State Ambulance to a La Crosse hospital with life-threatening injuries
"Work on Pier 2 has temporarily stopped while the incident is being investigated, but work on the rest of the project is continuing," said Mark Anderson, MnDOT project manager. "There is no impact to traffic on the construction site."
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death