ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) -- Former Minnesota House Speaker Margaret Anderson Kelliher is gaining a spot on the governing board for dozens of state colleges and universities.
Gov. Mark Dayton on Tuesday named Kelliher and four others to the 15-member Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Board of Trustees. The appointments are for six-year terms except in the case of student trustees who serve two-year terms.
Kelliher was a state legislator for 12 years before an ill-fated run for governor. Dayton beat her in the Democratic primary.
The other selections are Ann Anaya, Dawn Erlandson, Alex Cirillo, Alfredo Oliveira and Maria Peluso.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract