ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) -- Former Minnesota House Speaker Margaret Anderson Kelliher is gaining a spot on the governing board for dozens of state colleges and universities.
Gov. Mark Dayton on Tuesday named Kelliher and four others to the 15-member Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Board of Trustees. The appointments are for six-year terms except in the case of student trustees who serve two-year terms.
Kelliher was a state legislator for 12 years before an ill-fated run for governor. Dayton beat her in the Democratic primary.
The other selections are Ann Anaya, Dawn Erlandson, Alex Cirillo, Alfredo Oliveira and Maria Peluso.
- The Latest: Trump take executive action on oil pipelines
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY