STILLWATER, Minn. (AP) -- An Xcel Energy crew has capped a natural gas leak at Stillwater state prison that prompted an evacuation of several shops where prisoners were working.
Department of Corrections spokeswoman Sarah Russell says contractors severed the gas line about 8:30 Friday morning. She says the leak was inside the prison's secure perimeter, near several buildings that include shops for metal working and welding.
Russell says prisoners working in the shops were sent back to their cells but not locked down. She says the Xcel crew was able to quickly fix the leak and no injuries were reported.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- CSAs connecting fresh produce to consumers
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation