AITKIN, Minn. (AP) -- A horse owner whose 900-pound mare was attacked by a mountain lion or cougar wants other animal owners in Aitkin County to be on the lookout for the big cats.
Lori Hart's quarter horse Molly was mauled last week on her property north of Aitkin. Hart says the wild animal took a "big chunk" out of the horse's hind quarters. Hart says a Pierz veterinarian confirmed Molly was attacked by a mountain lion or cougar and that there was a similar attack on a calf less than a month ago.
The Brainerd Dispatch reports Hart, who owns 15 horses, says the mare is doing well, but experiencing some swelling around the wound.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student