ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) -- Former President Bill Clinton and former Vice President Walter Mondale plan to pay tribute to another Democratic icon, Hubert Humphrey, by dedicating a statue in his honor on the Minnesota Capitol lawn.
The roster of prominent guests for the Aug. 4 commemoration was announced Tuesday.
The 7-foot bronze statue honoring Humphrey will be located on the south grounds of the state Capitol.
Humphrey was a Minnesota senator, a vice president and his party's nominee for president before his death in 1978.
The statue is the centerpiece of a memorial garden that includes granite slabs inscribed with memorable Humphrey quotations.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game