ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) -- Former President Bill Clinton and former Vice President Walter Mondale plan to pay tribute to another Democratic icon, Hubert Humphrey, by dedicating a statue in his honor on the Minnesota Capitol lawn.
The roster of prominent guests for the Aug. 4 commemoration was announced Tuesday.
The 7-foot bronze statue honoring Humphrey will be located on the south grounds of the state Capitol.
Humphrey was a Minnesota senator, a vice president and his party's nominee for president before his death in 1978.
The statue is the centerpiece of a memorial garden that includes granite slabs inscribed with memorable Humphrey quotations.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.